Wednesday, May 15, 2013

For The Love of Blogging.

I started reading again in 2008, and what got me to fall back in love with reading was Twilight. I know sounds kind of cliche but it is true, I saw it on sale on Black Friday and was wondering what the hype was all about so I picked it up and my new addiction was started. Twilight was the gate way drug to hundreds of other books I have fallen in love with. I fell in love with vampires, werewolves, fairies, YA and romance. I couldn't have stopped reading if I wanted to, with every new book I got a new escape, a new world to adventure and plenty of new crushes.

I have enjoyed 98% of the books I have read,and reading also lead me to a part time job at an indie bookstore which I was ordering a shit ton of books from every week sometimes a few times a week. Trough this job I made some awesome friends and people to fall in love just like I did. Again another opportunity to go to a trunk show lead me to a Penguin rep who I sat and talked with about tons and tons of books, well she offered me ARCs in exchange for reviews, I had no idea how to review so I just kind of winged it,my first review was literally two sentences. I had no idea what to write but the more the rep helped me the more I got into it, I could write in more detail what I loved, and felt. Reviewing for Penguin opened a lot of doors for me, I soon then started to get author requests along with other publishers and I was so surprised and grateful for the opportunity.

Reviewing lead me to starting a book page on Facebook, which was a surprise there were so many people out there like me who loved to read, fall in love with new worlds, recommended new books and also shared the same love of fictional characters. I have met a TON of amazing people, bloggers, and authors. I wouldn't trade this for the world, the things I have experienced have been amazing.

But there is SO much drama in this. I can't believe people have the nerve to steal reviews, demand ARCs or are just rude in general to someone who does this for fun, for the love of reading, reviewing and blogging. I along with plenty of other bloggers work our asses off writing honest reviews, making our blogs, posting new books, covers, giveaways and at times events. There is no reason at all to get jealous or petty over what someone does or doesn't get, who has more people on their page 
or any of that. We do this because we love to read, to give something back to the authors who wrote some amazing books. We don't do this to see how many people we can get or how many ARCs or books. 

I just can't get over the fact that some people think they deserve more than someone else. I can't say it enough that we do this because we LOVE to read, that should be all that matters. Get over the jealousy and the pettiness we are mostly grown women we should be acting like grown ups, not middle schoolers upset over someone stealing their boyfriend. If you have a problem with something someone did, said or took man up and talk to them about it. Ok rant over, peace, love and read.


Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment